MYSTcommunity: Quern - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Quern out soon

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:00 AM

The new Quern game should be out at the end of the month. I have been playing beta on this and I must tell you this game is really good. It is very cyan like in its puzzles. A real challenge with some great rewards and surprise moments. It has that eary solitary discovery exploring feel that I love so much about early myst games.

check it out. You won't regret it

I am really hoping there guys do another game, building on their experiences with this one!

Linky, Linky!

Quern Trailer

#2 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

I'm excited! I backed on KS but am waiting for the full release to play.

My one concern based on the trailer was that it looked like there was a good amount of magic-based puzzles, which tend to frustrate me in games because they involve arbitrary logic. I'm curious if this impression is wrong! I'm going to be playing it no matter what though :)

#3 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:24 AM

I'm trying to remember if any of them are magic based. even when the solution is based on "unusual physics or chemistry" (e.g. The water on Riven), part of the solution is a teaching/learning process. There is a logic to all of them, you just have to keep a careful look out for the clues.
The one "complaint" might be that it is a bit linear. Cyan have spoiled us with their distinctive non-linear approach to puzzle games, but it's quite hard to do well.
what Quern does do well is a story line narrative with many landscape integrated challengess.

#4 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

Just finished this game a few days ago and have been able to think of nothing else since. Cannot wait to replay this game. It uhh...has actually trumped a lot of the Myst games in my mind. Quern had me itching for more and well, the pacing of some of the older Myst games just doesn't seem to match up.

#5 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

I enjoyed playing Quern too. There was a nice variety of puzzle types, so even if I disliked one (sliding blocks :mad:), it wouldn't be long before I came to one I liked (strange symbols! :loveya:). While it got linear towards the end, I liked the layout of the main part of the game and the way new areas of the island were always opening up.

Quern and Myst V spoilers:
Spoiler

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users