MYSTcommunity: D'Ni Legacy, other fan games - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

D'Ni Legacy, other fan games loking for downloads

#1 User is offline   Coolgamer 

• telahm (guildsman)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

Does anyone still have a working copy/download of D'ni Legacy?

I vaguely remember playing it as a teenager... want to give it a proper run.

If there are still any guides for it, that would be a delight as well... I recall it being a bit confusing, although I will attempt going blind.

Also looking for Aveara: An Empire Beyond Myst, and a parody, Mylk.

#2 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:32 AM

I found a working copy of D'ni Legacy preserved by the Internet Archive (the "HTML without music" version).

The Internet Archive also has a late version of the Aveara site with a working version of Chapter 1. I don't know if they ever finished anything beyond that. (I vaguely remembered Aveara as a game project, so I'm a little disappointed to relearn that it was an illustrated story!)

EDIT: This reminds me of a (never finished) fan game called Age of Night that I used to really enjoy, though I don't recall much about it. Unfortunately it isn't on the Internet Archive except for a handful of pages. Does anyone else remember that or have any more information?

#3 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:10 AM

For windows: https://www.dropbox....-sound.zip?dl=0

(Note that the site was at some point hit with a virus, I make no promises about the contents of this zip file!)

I've been missing the Age of Night for a long time, I'm happy that even the bits you've found on the wayback machine are there!

Don't miss Ryven also: https://web.archive..../3210/riven.htm

#4 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

Mylk?

Digging through OLD files on my drives (I'm such a pack rat) I found Mylk dated 5/13/1995.

From the "readme" file mylkread.wri...

Original Macintosh version by
Bart Gold
PC conversion by
Wayne Twitchell

MYLK is a series of interactive Macromedia Director 4.0 files, executed from a central player program called "Mylk.exe". If you've received MYLK on disk, simply copy all the files from the disks into one directory on your hard drive and run the file "Mylk.exe" using either file manager or the Run command.

Is this what you're looking for?

Trouble is, it won't run on Windows 10 even in Windows 95 Compatibility Mode. And I'm not sure I ever tried to run it. Just packed it away.

File Names...
mbarn.dxr
medam.dxr
mlker.dxr
mmager.dxr
msharp.dxr
mswiss.dxr
mylk.exe
mylk.ini
mylkread.wri

Edit:
I also found a 1997 copy of PYST. It's not a game just an mp4. But that's available on the web...oh! Checking Google shows a number of um, links to "unrelated" sites. Be careful.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users