Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quern - A Myst-like game

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:46 AM

Recently bought the latest 'Myst-like' game: Quern (http://querngame.com/) at a ridiculously low price.

Also bought Cyan's Obduction which is brilliant and I love it to bits but Quern looks as though it has come straight out of the house of Cyan, superb graphics, superb gameplay, logical 'Real-world' puzzles that fit into the game, it is also a true successor to Myst even though it hasn't been made by Cyan.

This game has been released to no great fanfare, no big announcements, no eager anticipation, it has just quietly slipped onto the market with a whisper when it should have shouted from the rooftops "Here I am!".
If you love Myst and Riven you will truly love Quern - Undying Thoughts, go to: http://querngame.com/ or search on Steam and get this wonderful, beautiful game, it really is a delight to see and play.

Full marks to the developers for creating a true successor to Myst and Riven, there have been many who have tried, most have failed, some have come pretty close but this one is right on the money and should rank with Obduction as one of the great new adventure games of our time, I wish these guys every success with it.

#2 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

Here, here! Still waiting for my backer reward, box copy. Will be a treasure in years to come!
it was awesome in beta without full voices and some features. I never finished it and am now going to wait patiently for my boxes of Quern and obduction :-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users